Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It's really happening!

Here it is, 2:30am and I can't sleep. Too many thoughts swirling around in my head...

The movers came this morning (yesterday morning at this point) and surveyed how much stuff we have. That way they get an estimate for how many boxes/days/men they need to do our move. That is when it REALLY hit me for the first time.

This is REALLY happening. We REALLY are going to be moving in 5 weeks. Holy cow. Until today, I've kept up my Scarlett O'Hara attitude: "I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow" pretty successfully...But I can't keep putting it off! I better come to terms with it quick, because I only have a month left to say goodbye.

As weird as it sounds (even to me!) I feel sadder about moving away from Michigan than I did 3 years ago when we were moving away from Hawaii. Don't get me wrong, I won't miss the winter weather. AT ALL! But there were so many wonderful things here that I will miss! I'll post a list another day when it's not the middle of the night and I can actually think coherently...but overall this Michigan Chapter of our life was a big one. JT & I changed and grew so much in these 3 years. We went through infertility here and had our sweet baby CJ here.

I feel like I have about 50,000 things I need to get done before we move. And realistically with a VERY active little toddler, I know that they are just not all going to get done. So I need to work on prioritizing, and stop wasting time. Hmmm....blogging wasn't exactly on my to do list...oh well, "tomorrow is another day."

2 comments:

Kendra said...

I can not believe you are driving across the states with a toddler! You are my hero!!! =)

That is SO great that the military will pack you and move you.

Can't wait to see pics of your journey - and will be praying for you guys as you begin this new chapter!

Sue said...

Blogging is a must on your "to do" list. If it is not there add it.