Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I'm back!

One year ago today I found out we were expecting baby #2. Talk about a shock!! I thought I would commemorate this anniversary, with the relaunch of my blog. I know all two of my readers have really missed me, so I'm back!
Where to begin?! You'd think as a military family we'd be used to change...but the addition of a family member has been an major adjustment for us all. Even now, almost four months later, we're still trying to get the hang of our new life.

I'll eventually post about E's birth, but it was great! We had trouble with breastfeeding at first which was challenging for both of us, but after several lactation consultations, we got it figured out! 
She was a little jaundiced when we came home from the hospital so she was a glow worm for her first week of life. E is a beautiful girl.
For the most part E is sweet tempered, except when she needs something she will LET YOU KNOW. E nurses every 2.5-3 hours during the day and sleeps 10-12 hours at night.
She is very flexible with naps, probably because she has to be with a noisy big brother and us always being on the go.
I can't believe how quickly she's growing up!


 
After being the center of attention for 2.5 years, the transition to "big brother" wasn't and still isn't easy for CJ, but everyday gets a little better. I'll eventually do a separate post about this as well. I know once E gets bigger and becomes more "fun" they'll have a great time playing together!
CJ started preschool, two half days a week. It is nice for him to have his own thing, and he LOVES it!

CJ also loves trains and puzzles right now. He no longer takes naps, so we do a "quiet time" when we're at home.
We attempted potty training, but CJ wasn't quite ready yet, so we'll wait a little while longer.

JT is an awesome Dad to his two kids. The biggest adjustment for him has been at work. Shortly after E was born, he was officially made the OIC (officer in charge) for the dental clinic. This is a big responsibility for someone of his rank (he is commanding approximately 60 people, some ranked above him too!).
The US. Navy Dental Corps celebrated 100 years this year and we got to go to a ball on the USS Midway.  JT is doing such a great job juggling everything at work and then coming home and helping me and playing with and loving on our kids!
When he walks in the door, CJ still runs exuberantly into his arms yelling "Dada!" Highlight of the day for both of them I think.
E has a special bond with her daddy too. There are times where she gets so worked up, but she'll instantly melt and calm down in JT's arms.
And then there's me. Honestly, I'm still in survival mode. Hence the lack of posts...still trying to figure out how to meet everyone's needs and time manage everything. I'll expand upon all that in upcoming blog posts. I've had a few health issues post delivery, from a kidney infection that landed me in the ER to chronic back pain. In my spare time (ha ha!) I've been jumping through hoops with the doctors office, referrals and insurance company trying to figure out what's wrong and how to get better. Since resting isn't an option, I'll be starting Physical Therapy at the end of the month.

We've had a few visitors come out to help us and meet our new little bundle, so that has been fun and SO nice!

Nana came to meet her newest grandchild and stayed for 2 weeks. CJ misses playing with her and I miss her cooking and company! 
Then my friends S & K came out for an extended weekend, which was so generous of them to sacrifice time away from their lives, and so nice for the three of us to have that rare time together! 
My grandmother "Gigi" came and stayed with us for 3 weeks. Coming out here wasn't an easy task for an 85-year-old, and her visit was irreplaceable. I'll cherish the memories of her getting to see the Pacific Ocean for the first time, and meeting E and spending time with her great-grandkids my entire life. I'm so excited because my little sister and her husband will be here next week; I can't wait!!

I think that's about it for now...I will try to do much better about posting, but in all reality it won't likely be as frequent as it was pre-E. ;)

1 comment:

Kendra said...

YEA!! Lacy is back!!

E is just adorable! Congrats!

I had so many nursing struggles in the beginning with the twins -it's SO HARD to be dealing with that on top of everything else! Glad you two got is straightened out.

We've just begun kind of introducing potty training around here, and Luke isn't interested AT ALL. No big deal. I'm not in a huge hurry!

Well congrats again and welcome back =). Your beautiful family is such a vision of God's goodness=)