Monday, October 15, 2012

The Quotable Dory

One of my favorite Disney/Pixar quotes is from Dory in "Finding Nemo". It comes to my mind quite often when I'm holding my kids, worrying about them, praying for them and loving them. 

Nemo's Dad says: "I promised I'd never let anything happen to him." 

And Dory says "That's a funny thing to promise. You can't never let anything happen to him. Then nothing would ever happen to him."
So true. As much as I want to protect my kids, and "never let anything happen" to them...then they would never get to experience anything. I often find myself being a borderline "helicopter" parent...I guess I just have to find the balance between helping them through things and protecting them from things completely. 

I found this picture in my "drafts" folder in my email. HA HA. I guess CJ was coloring on the iPad and somehow exported his picture into my email. Glad he did. What an artist, huh?! ;)
My parents arrive tomorrow for a visit and to meet E. I am SO excited!! We haven't seen them since December, so we are so looking forward to this time together! Lots of fun things we can do, but top priority is just family time!

No comments: