Friday, April 13, 2012

Worth the Wait

Since this pregnancy has been pretty rough on me, I've said a number of times that "I'm ready for her to come". I do feel guilty saying that, after going through everything we had to to have CJ, and knowing there are still so many ladies who would love to be in my shoes. I find it to be such a fine line to try and walk...between being considerate of my friends with infertility, but still being real about pregnancy and motherhood. I don't want to sound ungrateful, but not every moment of pregnancy and being a mom is always perfect and wonderful.

Anyhow, I saw something this week that kind of snapped me back to reality, and made me want to stay pregnant just a little while longer.
WOW! Talk about a difference. There were several other risk factors and important reasons listed, but probably since I'm a visual person, the comparison of the brains is what struck me the most.
I'm going to try to enjoy my last few weeks of being pregnant, since I'll never again feel a baby hiccuping or wiggling around in my belly. I'll tough it out, as long as she wants (within reason!) for HER. Because, just like her big brother, she is most definitely worth the wait!

1 comment:

Kendra said...

GREAT perspective. That's seriously impressive - I had no idea so much happened in those last few weeks!

It's hard, isn't it? I feel so guilty whenever I vent about my struggles in mothering, yet I also desire to be real.