Saturday, December 17, 2011

18 weeks

How far along: 18 weeks!

Size of baby: approx 5.5 inches long, 7 oz. About the size of a sweet potato.

Gender: We find out if baby is a girl or boy on MONDAY!! (our appointment got moved up!) We will honestly be happy either way. It would be awesome for CJ to have a brother so close in age (not to mention already owning everything boy). But getting to have both a son and daughter would be equally amazing! We are just praying for the baby to be healthy!

Total weight gain/loss: +2.5 lbs

Maternity clothes: Yes, please.

Symptoms: Tired!

Sleep: About 8 hours a night, with about 3 trips to the potty, and I've taken a nap a few times this week which has been wonderful!!

Food cravings: Hot chocolate with whipped cream

Movement: Yes! After feeling the same thumps/flutters as I did last week, with increasing frequency, I know it's the baby I'm feeling! :) I've been feeling baby a couple of times everyday and I love it!!

Best moment this week: Getting to spend time with one of my best friends!

What I miss: Not being winded so easily.

What I'm looking forward to: Getting to see the baby again via ultrasound on Monday, hopefully finding out the gender then and the arrival of my parents on Thursday! Exciting week!! :)

2 comments:

Sue said...

Awe, you are finally showing a "little" bump. I can't wait until Monday....I have tried to leave comment on other post and my computers are not co-operation. Maybe, this time it will work.

Kendra said...

OK!!!! Inquiring minds need to know!!!!! Tell us if CJ is going to have a baby sister or baby brother??