Monday, June 27, 2011

Oklahoma City Looks Oh So Pretty Hot

This morning we went to the Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum. I didn't take a bunch of pictures, because this wasn't a touristy activity where I needed to document every moment. It wasn't about that. It was about paying respect to the 168 men, women and children who were killed in this senseless act of terrorism.
When the bombing occurred in 1995, and I was too young to fully understand the gravity of the situation. So today's visit was very educational and very sad. The Memorial and Museum are very well done and although this wasn't the most "fun" activity of our road trip, it very well could have been the most important, so I am glad we went.
By the time we were done at the Memorial, it was starting to get pretty hot!! This is my first time (and CJ's too) ever being in this part of the country, and I now understand what people mean when they say it is a "dry heat". In South Carolina, I don't think there's ever been a single hot day without humidity so I didn't "get it" until today!
We grabbed a quick lunch to go, and then headed back to the hotel so that CJ could take his nap. I got to take a short one too, which was great! :) When we got up, we went to the hotel pool! We had it all to ourselves, which was fun!
They even had some beach-balls that we could play with!!
A new favorite picture of me and my little man!!
Working on moving those arms and kicking those legs!! CJ did great "swimming"!!
We brought CJ's little chair with us on the trip. We thought it would give him a sense of "home" everywhere we went. And when we bring it into the different hotel rooms, he knows it's his spot and immediately sits down on it. (And he is the only one that is "allowed" to sit on his chair...whenever me, JT or any of the grandparents try to sit on it, he pushes you out. Funny!)
And last but not least, because this could be a new favorite picture of CJ...he LOVES running up and down the halls of the hotels!! He likes the way they echo too because he makes a loud "aaaach" noise over and over while he roams the halls. (sometimes with only one shoe on, because he enjoys taking off the right shoe for whatever reason!)
Tonight JT watched the Gamecocks play (and win!!) in the College World Series, and I did some laundry here at the hotel. CJ had a TOUGH time falling asleep tonight. Please pray for those darn teeth to come in soon!!!

Tomorrow we are headed to Amarillo, Texas and have a few iconic Route 66 stops planned!

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Looks like you guys are having fun!!

Sue said...

I personally think this hall looks like a railroad track, but then too my imagination get away from me sometimes??? Don't go there JT, I know, I know....I wish I still had my illegal peragoric (not sure of spelling) it sure worked on you and P.