Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Down by the Sea

Our friends did a lot while they were here. In addition to Safari Park and Disneyland, they also went to LEGOland. (I didn't feel up to taking CJ to an unfamiliar theme park without the assistance of JT in my "condition".) So, on their last day, we decided to "take it easy" and head over to the California coast!

I love this picture of us!
CJ and his Dada, checking out the pelicans.
Our family of 3, soon to be 4. :)
My friend's beautiful family!
Cute little seal on the rocks.
It is still so amazing to me to be able to go to the shore and see these gorgeous creatures in the wild. This mama had just given birth to her baby. It was so tiny, and seeing it nurse was so neat.
The pretty La Jolla coast.
Pelican in flight.
We tried to have a "photoshoot" of CJ and KD. This is how it went:
Ha ha! They were both more interested in running around in the grass! Isn't she so beautiful?!
Thank goodness JT was there to chase CJ because he was running FULL speed!!
And then he would fall on the ground laughing. I adore his zest for life.
This was the best picture we could get of the two of them!
It's always so nice to have time with our friends and family who live far away. Military life makes it hard not getting to see them as much as we would like, but I think it is fun for people to have new vacation destinations every time we get a new duty station! :)
As usual, the time passed too quickly! I can't wait for my friend to visit again in a few months and get to introduce her to our Baby Girl!

No comments: