Tuesday, November 8, 2011

SC Trip

We're back from our trip from South Carolina! (CJ and I actually got back a couple of weeks ago, but it took me a while to get "caught up" from the trip!) Sorry for the delay!!

We flew from San Diego to Greenville, SC where my sister lives. CJ did pretty well on the flight and even took an hour nap! :) Thank goodness for our iPad because he watched movies and played games most of the time! We did "okay" adjusting to the time difference, and the next morning we headed to Sky Top Orchard in North Carolina. It was beautiful!! Leaves were starting to change colors on the drive up, and the Orchard was so pretty! We got to sample some apples, play, go on a "hay ride" (no hay!), and pet the farm animals (by far CJ's fave!)

CJ with his Aunt on a Spider Hay Bale
Feeding Sheep
Feeding Bunnies
Giving their doggie Maggie lots of love!!
The next day we went to Happy Cow Creamery to get some fresh milk and feed the cows!
And that afternoon we went to CJ's first circus: Circus Fusion. Feeding a Llama before the show.
And feeding an elephant!
Aunt, Uncle, CJ and me waiting for the show to start!
The next day was Saturday, and my sister and her husband so generously offered to watch CJ while I went to Clemson homecoming!! Boy were they brave, ha ha! They took CJ to the Greenville Zoo!!
I met up with one of my two best friends, and another good friend. Tailgating!
Since it was homecoming, my major Graphic Communications was having a homecoming reception for their alums, so we stopped by there and visited with professors who didn't have a clue who we were!
Kick off!!!!
Me & my bf.
Rockin' our cowboy boots!! It was so fun getting to see my friend and go to a Clemson game (hadn't been in two years!) I can't thank my sis and her hubs enough for that fun day!!
The next day, we drove down to Columbia, SC and met my parents for lunch. Then CJ and I headed down to Beaufort, SC with them for the next week!! It was kinda rainy, so we had to improvise "things to do" for CJ: like checking out the fish in Walmart.
CJ helping his Grandpa feed Gracie their dog.
This was funny, my mom opened the footrest/recliner part of the love seat and CJ scooted himself all the way down so he could put his foot on it too!! HA HA!!
Hugging Parker their cat. (She looks thrilled, huh?)
We went out to dinner at Dockside in Port Royal (one of my favorite places to go whenever we're in town). CJ enjoying the gorgeous view!!
At sunset
Playing on a playground.
Sliding!
My sis came down the following weekend so we could have even more time together! The whole fam (minus our hubs!) out to dinner at Barbara Jeans. (Another yummy Beaufort restaurant!)
The next day was our church bazaar. CJ had lots of fun "helping" and playing the children's games. JT's aunt (who also lives in Beaufort) stopped by to see CJ and brought her dog Maggie Mae.
CJ enjoying a dance party with his Aunt that evening!
More animal love with my parent's other cat Tigger.
A new favorite picture!! CJ with all of his grandparents: Nana, Papa, Gpa & Oma.
JT's parents came and got us in Beaufort and took us to their house on Edisto Island, SC. CJ working on a puzzle with Nana.
Sunset on Edisto.
The next day we ventured over to Charleston. Our plan had been to go to the Children's Museum but they unfortunately were closed, so we played at a park and strolled around the scenic Battery waterfront instead.
CJ and Nana wrestling.
The next day CJ and I flew out of Charleston, SC back to San Diego. We had a GREAT trip and it was so much fun getting all that time with our family and friends. But it was also SO good to get to see JT again after 13 days away!

No comments: