Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Thank y'all so much for all the well wishes. I was sick the whole first trimester, which is another one of the reasons I only managed to blog once in the month of October! I'm feeling a lot better lately though, which I am thankful for. We really had so much to be thankful for on Thanksgiving yesterday!

I'm so thankful for our sweet firstborn, CJ. He is thankful for his cars that he HAS to try to hold as many as possible! I'm so thankful for our surprise second baby growing in my belly.
I'm so thankful for my wonderful husband and his funny sense of humor and loving heart. I'm so thankful for his service to the United States Navy, as well as every other family serving our country's military. I'm so thankful for both of our families, and for Skype allowing us to still "see" them this holiday despite being on the other side of the country! I'm so thankful for our friends scattered everywhere we've lived, and for new forming friendships here in San Diego.
I'm so thankful that we have every thing we NEED. A beautiful rental home that we really love, and more than enough food on the table this Thanksgiving and everyday.
I've never done "Black Friday" before, (because I am NOT a morning person!) but this year several of the stores were opening on Thanksgiving in the evening so I decided to give it a shot. Toys R Us opened at 9pm. I got there at 8:45, and waited in the long line outside the store. I entered the doors at 9:35, and was in the checkout line by 9:45. The never-ending checkout line...I didn't get out of the store until 11:05. But overall, despite the long line waits, the 10 minutes of shopping was very worth it! I saved about $80 getting Christmas and Birthday presents for CJ! A pretty successful first trip I would say. I went to Target this morning around 10am, and they still had all 3 things I wanted! I saved about $50!. And my last stop was Michaels and I saved $182 on a custom framing!!!! I am so proud that in a year where we are watching the budget big time, I saved a LOT more than I spent!!! :) Now that I've started buying some gifts, and know what I'm making/buying for everyone left on our list, I am really getting in the Christmas spirit!! It's one month from today!! Now to start decorating the house...so excited!!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Another post I meant to get back too. I am too old and nervous to do "black" Friday...I do not really like to shop, unless for something specific, or to antique. So black Friday is out whether night or day....Also, Cyber Monday has me so nervous I barely got poor Paige's gift order from Belk. I guess I will continue to give these days a miss. My HAT is off to anyone who wants to endanger themselves in those outragious crowds.