Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday CJ!

Today our little boy, CJ, turns two. How on earth did time pass so quickly?! It seems like just yesterday I was standing outside in the snow 41 weeks pregnant with him...
I was induced on January 9, 2010. Our last picture as a family of two.
CJ was born on January 10, 2010 at 11:17pm. He was 9lbs, 5oz, 22.5 inches long. I wish I could say that every memory about his actual birth-day was wonderful and happy, but the truth is it was one of the scariest nights of our lives, and I don't like to "go there" often. I will share his birth story sometime soon, but not today.
All that I like to remember and think about on CJ's birthday is how it is the day that all my dreams of becoming a Mom FINALLY came true. And this *not so little* bundle of joy was the answer to my prayers and made (and continues to make) me SO happy.
We left the hospital as a family of three. :)
My favorite family photo (so far).
Last year, January 10, 2011 our little CJ turned one.
I thought there were a lot of changes during that first year, but this year CJ has continued to grow and learn new things.
This year he finally started walking! :)
His infectious smile kept us all laughing.
CJ taught us many new things.
His energy and spunk for life is so beautiful and thankfully contagious!
His curiosity and unique explorations are adorable.
CJ has a strong, independent spirit.
He knows what he wants and uses his voice to tell you!
CJ is also the sweetest little boy. Although "cuddling" isn't his "thing" he LOVES giving hugs and kisses.
I know he is going to be an excellent big brother to his little sister!
CJ is so funny, and already knows it at this young age. He thrives off of making others laugh. One of his favorite words right now is "happy". :)
CJ you are the best thing that has happened to us. You truly are our sunshine when the skies are grey...Thank you for the most wonderful two years we could have ever imagined!
I pray that you always smile bright, and that you continue to be as happy as you make the world around you.
Happy 2nd Birthday CJ!
We love you SO SO much. Love always, Mama & Dada

6 comments:

Jennifer Owens said...

What a cutie! Happy Birthday CJ!

Ashley said...

Happy 2nd birthday, CJ! That was such a sweet post. He is so precious! : )

Jenni said...

Awwww Lacy, now I'm crying at work! :) That was very sweet and touching. You are so lucky to have CJ and he is so lucky to have you and JT! He is adorable. Happy birthday, CJ!!!! :D

Kendra said...

Beautiful! What a sweet tribute.

I so wish I could say that my twins' birth-day was the best day ever as well. But I can't. In fact it was one of my worst days ever. I've never been so terrified in my entire life, and David and I have never been thrown so many crazy, scary, curve balls so quickly. It's taken me a long time to grieve and mourn how their birth went. OF COURSE I am incredibly grateful that the end result was two healthy babies, but that doesn't mean their wasn't some scars to heal as well.

coach said...

Lacy, great post....We go our card today....I was so delighted to get one of these homemade cards of yours....Thanks

coach said...
This comment has been removed by the author.