Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year

First day of 2012. Much like when we move somewhere new, we've got a clean slate. All the promise and unknowns...exciting and scary all at once!

2011 was a big year for us. CJ went from being a baby to a toddler. JT graduated with a Masters, and wrapped up his 3 years back in school. We moved from Michigan to California and started our new chapter here. Despite all the changes, I feel like it was a good year overall.

I want to be realistic for my goals for 2012. Realizing that with the birth of baby girl, there are going to be LOTS of hard changes. Especially on me. Being a stay-at-home mom with a VERY active toddler is challenging enough, and this year we'll be adding a newborn to the mix. Should be interesting. My main goal for the year is to survive.

Other goals for 2012:
  1. Get more involved in a church here and go more regularly.
  2. Spend as much quality time as I can with CJ before his little sister arrives, and make sure we still have special CJ/Mama time after she is here.
  3. Make dinner more/eat healthier. And prepare freezer meals before baby's arrival.
  4. Be more engaged with JT and be a better wife.
  5. Complete unfinished photo albums/scrapbooks/projects before baby arrives.
  6. Potty train CJ!!
  7. Start a compost pile.
  8. Replant my garden in the Spring. (might not happen depending on how big I am/how I'm feeling).
  9. Once baby is born, savor each moment with her, because I now know it will pass too quickly!
  10. Nurse baby girl for a year.
  11. Get baby to take a bottle!!! (CJ refused and it was really hard on me never getting a break from feedings).
  12. After baby arrives, start walking, then hopefully ease back into running after taking 5 years off! (find a double jogging stroller on Criagslist?!)
  13. Do better about remembering birthdays/anniversaries & sending cards.
  14. Keep in touch better with friends and family far away.
  15. Nurture new relationships here in California from acquaintances to friends!
I think most of this stuff is pretty attainable, but my type-A planner personality will also have to "let stuff go" if I can't accomplish it all. Like I said, main goal is survival, and taking the best care of JT, CJ and baby as I possibly can! Wishing everyone a wonderful 2012, may it be your best year yet!!

No comments: