Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Just for me...

It dawned on me the other day that on my list of goals for 2012, there was not one thing on there just for me. So I've decided to amend it slightly to correct that, at least until baby girl arrives and my world gets turned upside down. (and I will still try, as I can, after she is here).

I am going to start implementing a "lunch break" for myself. The second I get CJ down for his nap and his door closes, its like the gun firing for the beginning of a race and I run around the house trying to get as much done as possible. I am going to start forcing myself to sit down for at least 30 minutes. Maybe watch something on TV, read a book, and enjoy my lunch (aka not see how fast I can eat)! If I had a "job" (outside the house) I would get a lunch break, so it's kind of the least I can do for myself!

First day is today, and I can't wait! :) I'm in the middle of the second Hunger Games book, and I have a couple of TV shows DVR'ed that I could watch!

3 comments:

Jennifer Owens said...

That sounds like a fabulous idea! I know it's like a rush to get things done when Tommy is napping and I hardly ever just do nothing during that time. Love that you're taking some time for yourself!

Jenni said...

yes, great idea!! :)

Sue said...

That is a great idea....Family life is not always about CT and JT, it is about you tool. A 30 minute lunch sound like a solid plan that should be implimented every day. Good luck