Sunday, January 8, 2012

Restart

When I ran cross-country in high school, at the beginning of a big race if any of the runners fell within the first 100 meters, they would call everyone back and restart the race. I wish we could have a restart on our year because we haven't gotten the proper footing, and we're off to a poor start.

JT has pneumonia. I've had him on strict bed/recliner rest. Even though he's been on antibiotics since Friday, we aren't noticing much improvement so he's going back to the Dr. tomorrow just to be safe.

Despite completely disinfecting our house (twice!) and avid hand-washing, it was inevitable and CJ has caught the cold. :( Just praying that it doesn't develop into anything worse like it did for JT and me.

Christmas decorations are still up. And our dead Christmas tree is sitting there begging me to be undecorated. Between trying to get healthy and trying to take care of my boys, it just hasn't happened.

And speaking of Christmas, we were supposed to go to Disneyland last week to see the Christmas decorations there and celebrate CJ's birthday early, but obviously that couldn't happen. I know we can see them next year, but disappointing none-the-less.

I DO realize in the grand scheme of life none of these things are THAT bad, and we still have so much to be thankful for. But it's just been a long 9 days, and I'm hoping this isn't an indicator of how our year is going to go.

1 comment:

Jennifer Owens said...

Hope you all get to feeling better soon! Bummer to start the year off sick. Take care friend!